Langsung ke konten utama

Kpop Idols as Princess Diaries Characters

Hello! So I think it's been a little over 2 months since I last posted, which is great, I'm not completely abandoning my blog, and I'm back with another Princess Diaries related post. As you can see from the title, I'm gonna fancast the characters from Princess Diaries novel series with kpop idols. I've been thinking about doing this type of post for a very long time but never actually got the time to do it, but now since I have quite a lot of free time, here we are.

Disclaimer : I'm doing the fancast based on the vibes that the idols give me. I don't hate any of the idols that I'm gonna be mentioning here. Spoilers for Princess Diaries novel series
  • CLC Eunbin as Mia Thermopolis /Princess Mia


To be honest, it was quite hard to cast Mia, like, even Anne Hathaway wasn't really suit Mia that's described in the book. Eunbin was a last minute choice, chosen by one of my friends (actually, most of the idols that are here are her recommendation, was about to promote her, but she didn't want to give me her twitter handle. Anyways, thanks for the help!), I ageed with her because there's an aspect of both Mia and Eunbin that is similar, and that is they're very vocal in stuffs that they believe in. Eunbin being an ally for the LGBTQ+ community and Mia with her eco friendly lifestyle and both of them are feminists.


Seventeen Wonwoo as Michael Moscovitz

Wonwoo is the one that I'm most satisfied with here. I never knew that I could find Michael in real life, and yet Mr. Jeon Wonwoo exists and prove me wrong. They're both great learners, tsundere-ish, play the guitar. When I see some predebut pics of him I thought "this is very high school Michael", and when I see recent pics of him "that's it, this is CEO/Inventor Michael". Also can you imagine the scene where Michael hijacked Mia's play and kissed her in front of everyone because he didn't want his girlfriend being kissed by another guy after weeks of not saying anything about it? That's hot. I feel like Wonwoo suits the cold boyfriend in every franchise, not only this franchise. Now that, we have real life Michael, I might be in love with him and switch my bias tho. But don't worry, I love S.Coups too much for it to happen.


NCT Jaehyun as J.P. Reynolds-Abernathy IV

(No comparison picture because the character only existed in the books)

Actually, I don't really remember how JP was like other than he dated Mia for fame. Then I read his profile in Princess Diaries wikia page, he was actually quite sweet at first, typical new kid, got along with Mia pretty quick and then confess to her in front of Michael. All you Jaehyun stans must be screaming at me because I picked Jaehyun, I have reasons on why I picked him, okay? First of all, I'm gonna blame it on all Jaehyun fanfic that I read, I got inspired mostly from there. Second of all, my friend said that Jaehyun has that bad boy look in him, so yeah. But I actually really like Jaehyun, then again, no one can really resist him.


Red Velvet Yeri as Lilly Moscovitz
After a few changes, now here we are. Yeri as Lilly is actually quite brilliant, they're very outspoken, sometimes too outspoken for their own good but deep down we all know that they care, they'll do anything for the ones they love. Yeri I feel like is the type of best friends who'll scold you if you mess up and if you read/watch Princess Diaries, you know that's how Lilly and Mia most of the time. Also, I just realized that the idol I'm gonna mention after this, is actually shipped a lot with Yeri.


NCT Mark as Boris Pelkowski


Mark is just a ray of sunshine and little ball of laughing energy that sometimes got people stare at him while saying "are you okay?", he would also say some stuffs that's kinda weird but we love him anyway. And that's how I feel Boris is like. He's weird sometimes, yet they're still friends with him. Also let's not forget the fact that he got hot in book 5, i believe then everyone starts drooling over him. That's also how mark is off and on stage. They're both like two different people. The fact that Lilly used to date Boris for quite a while and Markri is a pretty big ship still amuse me everytime.


Jeon Somi as Tina Hakim Baba

I used to hear somewhere (I think it's my cousin telling me) that Somi was bullied at school and ofc that's a bad thing, no one should ever have gone through that, but also when I heard that I got reminded of Tina, especially in the beginning of the series in which she had no friends and her bodyguard followed her everywhere at school until Mia sat with her one lunch. Both Somi and Tina also very expressive in telling their love for reading fictional stuffs (Tina with romance novels, Somi with fanfictions). Remembering the fact that Boris and Tina dated toward the end of the series is also quite cute and imagine Mark and Somi, our unique canadians. Also, 

eunbin somi best friends


CLC Yeeun as Lana Weinberger
Seeing blonde yeeun, especially in No era was doing it for me. Like she reminds me so much of those popular cheerleader girls in American High Schools that's actually quite mean but I wouldn't mind if it's Yeeun tho. Lana is your typical high school it girl that hated Mia because she dated her on and off boyfriend, Josh Richter, for a month but eventually becomes friends with after they got through their differences. I actually don't really like Lana but if you think that I hate Yeeun, oh you got it wrong, I adore her sooooooo much. Step on me, queen. And no, I don't want to pick the Kpop singer Lana, she's been through a lot, gonna cut her some slack.


Stray Kids Bang Chan as Josh Richter

There's no other reason that I picked Chan other than the fact that he's pretty much a jock growing up and that I ship him and Yeeun. Those are the reasons.


BONUS :  WJSN Bona as Judith Gershner (Michael's ex girlfriend)                                 

                       
Just because.




I'm glad that it's done and I don't have to think about it literally 24/7, casting who as who in my head. Anyways that's all, stream Kick It by NCT 127 for a better life

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Things I Noticed On Avatar : The Last Airbender After A Rewatch

Hello, Dhira here.  So, since it's been like almost 4 months of quarantine period, i got bored and rewatch the whole avatar : the last airbender (is gonna be referred as atla after this) like everyone else does, and there are some things that I didn't notice the first time I watched it, prob bc I was younger back then and as you can see on the title of this post, I'm gonna talk about it and divide it into 4 sections : Plot, Characters' arc +, Bending, Ships, and Memes. Let's just jump right in : 1. Plot Now, I've always known since the first time I watched the show, that atla has one of the best plot in all history of fictional writing. The world building has always been perfect in my opinion. Though there are a few more elements about the plot that I noticed after second time watching.  First of all, the time frame. I'd always thought that the show went for years, I mean it was on air for 3 years, but like the time that Aang took to learn each e

the very first night | dewnanon oneshot au (second chapter)

set a little over a year before after party NANON "so, i think you only need to add a little more on the company information part. it's never hurt to give information about the identity of the company you did your research on," blue, nanon's senior by one academic year told him. they're actually the same age, but since nanon was born later in the year he got in school a little bit later. "okay, then what about the tables? do i need to add anything?", nanon asked him while showing his project table. blue pulled nanon's laptop closer to him to review the table. "no, i think it's good already, it shows all information that we need. maybe try to be a bit more descriptive withã…¡" "you didn't answer any of my texts yesterday and here you are," nanon flinched when he heard a familiar voice to his left. he looked to where the voice came from and ohm, his boyfriend for 2 years stood there. "i'm really truly sorry, i was bus

after party : a dewnanon oneshot au

NANON nanon was adjusting his varsity jacket once more in front of the mirror in the family room when he saw his parents lounging in the sofa, watching a movie. "dad, pa, i'm leaving", he was about to take off to the garage when a voice stopped him. "where? and did you see the clock when you walked out of your room, it's almost 11!", new, his papa who already untangled himself from his husband's arms, now turned his back to look at his youngest son. "papa, i've told you about bright's new company's launching after party, earlier this week. everyone's gonna be there, and you've met him, both of you know him," nanon reasoned with his parents. bright was nanon's senior in college. they're in the same football club now and have a scheduled training/match session on monday nights and was in somewhat of a situationship with nanon not too long after nanon finished college. his parents like bright, but both nanon and bright