Langsung ke konten utama

STORYTIME : Prom Night

 

Yes, as you can see from the title, I did go to my high school prom. It's not like those dcom (disney channel original movie), well it could be, depends on which movie you're referring. It was an eventful night. Everything went by so fast yet quite a number of things happened that night. So, without further a do, I'm gonna tell you what I remember happened that night.

It happened 3 years ago, since I graduated high school 3 years ago, wow time flew. But anyway, I didn't really think of going to prom until last minutes because I was, still am, not really into social events unless it's obligatory, and my high school prom wasn't something that you had to attend. It's not like you get your diploma there, no. People went there just for the experience. 

Literally less then a week from prom, I somehow thought "Why don't I attend prom? I just finished my college admission test,  I'll attend it with my friends, it'll be fine." , so yeah, I started went to a dress rental place with my sister. The dresses there are beautiful though, they were like those ancient Greek dresses. I believe it was more of a theater props/wardrobe rental place than just dress rental. But alas, none of the dresses there fit me and I didn't really want to buy a new one, just because. So I worked with what I had, which was a little black dress with peplum like detail on the upper thighs area. The dress was sleeveless and I wasn't comfortable with wearing sleeveless piece of clothing so I borrowed a pink vest? No, It was something like a short sleeved outer that are like witch cloak from my friend.

(the shape was like that, but it was less ruffly and shorter)

The shoes that I was wearing was a pair of wedges, quite tall. Please remember of the shoes that I was wearing because it will be an important point later in the story. When my hair and makeup was done, I went to the prom venue with 2 of my friends by taxi. Now, from what I know Indonesian high school prom aren't like your typical prom with dj and dance floor and such. Well maybe for other schools, there are such, but not for mine. So for most of the event, we sat down, listening to some teachers' speech and school awards and such. 

But the good thing about it was, the ballroom was separated into two areas, the main event area and the dining area, and we can go back and forth to grab some snack or even dinner. Since my friends and I got bored easily, we went back and forth from the food area to the main event area to grab some snack. Right after I had my dinner (or snack, I forgot), when I got into the main event, a fight broke out in front of the archway, and right when one of the people threw the punch, I was in the archway, so instead of him hitting the opponent, he accidentally hit my back and as a result of the shock, one of the wedges broke. I don't think I got an apology or some sort but that's okay, they were angry. 

My friends all came to me and ask what happened, they told me to just go barefoot, so I was barefoot until I got home. Even when the band performed, I was barefoot, but actually now that I think about it, I didn't really care that I was barefoot or all the other thing that happened. I just wanted to have fun after the college admission test and before another college admission test on the next day. I may not have a sweet, romantic, your typical prom experience, but I gotta say I had a roller coaster ride like prom, and I'm okay with it.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Things I Noticed On Avatar : The Last Airbender After A Rewatch

Hello, Dhira here.  So, since it's been like almost 4 months of quarantine period, i got bored and rewatch the whole avatar : the last airbender (is gonna be referred as atla after this) like everyone else does, and there are some things that I didn't notice the first time I watched it, prob bc I was younger back then and as you can see on the title of this post, I'm gonna talk about it and divide it into 4 sections : Plot, Characters' arc +, Bending, Ships, and Memes. Let's just jump right in : 1. Plot Now, I've always known since the first time I watched the show, that atla has one of the best plot in all history of fictional writing. The world building has always been perfect in my opinion. Though there are a few more elements about the plot that I noticed after second time watching.  First of all, the time frame. I'd always thought that the show went for years, I mean it was on air for 3 years, but like the time that Aang took to learn each e

the very first night | dewnanon oneshot au (second chapter)

set a little over a year before after party NANON "so, i think you only need to add a little more on the company information part. it's never hurt to give information about the identity of the company you did your research on," blue, nanon's senior by one academic year told him. they're actually the same age, but since nanon was born later in the year he got in school a little bit later. "okay, then what about the tables? do i need to add anything?", nanon asked him while showing his project table. blue pulled nanon's laptop closer to him to review the table. "no, i think it's good already, it shows all information that we need. maybe try to be a bit more descriptive withㅡ" "you didn't answer any of my texts yesterday and here you are," nanon flinched when he heard a familiar voice to his left. he looked to where the voice came from and ohm, his boyfriend for 2 years stood there. "i'm really truly sorry, i was bus

after party : a dewnanon oneshot au

NANON nanon was adjusting his varsity jacket once more in front of the mirror in the family room when he saw his parents lounging in the sofa, watching a movie. "dad, pa, i'm leaving", he was about to take off to the garage when a voice stopped him. "where? and did you see the clock when you walked out of your room, it's almost 11!", new, his papa who already untangled himself from his husband's arms, now turned his back to look at his youngest son. "papa, i've told you about bright's new company's launching after party, earlier this week. everyone's gonna be there, and you've met him, both of you know him," nanon reasoned with his parents. bright was nanon's senior in college. they're in the same football club now and have a scheduled training/match session on monday nights and was in somewhat of a situationship with nanon not too long after nanon finished college. his parents like bright, but both nanon and bright