Langsung ke konten utama

What I Watched on Netflix

Hello, everyone! Lately I've been watching many things on Netflix and I gotta say, it is really addicting and opened my eyes to stuffs I haven't seen before. So today, I'm gonna mention some shows and movies I watched on Netflix and actually enjoyed, also I'm gonna put them in categories to make it easier.

Kids' Show/Cartoon Series
1. Avatar : The Last Airbender
If you haven't read my last post about how I feel about the show, you need to check it out, I praised the show on that post. Also, I would like to add something about the show that I realized after I posted the last post.
The Avatar's Love, that score, is a masterpiece. It makes me feel so bittersweet. Like, sure it's a sweet song, depicted Aang and Katara's love story but it also makes me sad bc Avatar's Love is the first score that I remember vividly of the show other than the outro song and to hear it on the last episode, as the word "THE END" was shown on the screen, makes me feel sad and empty inside. 

2. Cells At Work!
Cells at work is a Japanese anime that tells a story about how the cells work in a body. It's pretty self explanatory. It's the first ever anime that I was so into. Bc I really like how the creators of the manga and the show, portrayed how the cells work in a body, in a way that makes it easier for people who knows little to  nothing about how the body works. They showed how the body is basically a huge world that all the cells live in and coexist together in. But also, it makes me feel very single bc how the fuck is my love life pretty much doesn't exist but my red blood cell and white blood cell are flirting? Anyways, I'm still waiting for the second season to come out which is gonna be next year.

Korean Dramas

1. The Beauty Inside
If you've watched the movie with the same title, it's basically the same premise. The main character's face changed periodically. But the difference is, in the movie, the main character's face changed every single day, while for the drama, the main character lived with a different face for a week only each month, kinda like period but not really(?) 
The actual reason why I watched Beauty Inside in the first place was because I'm such a trash for Lee Minki. Seeing him as the cold, anti social, cat loving Nam Sehee was not enough for me, so I watched him playing a director of airline company named Seo Dojae who has prosopagnosia (face blindness). As I said earlier, Dojae has prosopagnosia, so it doesn't really matter whether Han Segye, the main character, has a face that changes every single month, then their conflict grew from there, but you need to watch it to know more.
My favorite character is the second female lead, Kang Sara, Dojae's stepsister. She's the type of person who will and can fight you if necessary. But when she's faced with love, she turns into a softie who'll do anything, including facing Jesus to get her man. She's really cool, I wanna be her.

2. Kingdom
I've always wanted to watch Kingdom ever since it came out because of how interesting it is for me to put zombies outbreak in Joseon era (and the fact that Ju Jihoon is the male lead as well, for 10%). I watched this around the same time as Beauty Inside, Kingdom at the day, Beauty Inside at night, because of how thrilling Kingdom is. It kept me on the edge of my seat (or bed) throughout the whole show, both seasons, 1&2. So for the whole 12 episodes, my heart was beating so fast. There was a lot of politics as well, I mean it's about a crown prince trying to get the throne from opposition clan in power. That, and the zombies, perfect match to make me outrageous. Game of Thrones show creator needs to take a note on how Kingdom was brought upon to the screen.

3. Was It Love?
This is the only show on this post that's still on going but it's worth waiting. Was It Love ticks all of the box in my romance story starter pack. Independent women? Check. Many good looking, financially stable men? Check. Flashbacks? Check. Guess who's the father story line? Check. Office romance? Eh, kinda. Anyways, now that you've seen right through me, I'm gonna talk about one aspect among other things that I like about this drama, which is all about single parents. I don't think I've watched any drama that talked about single parents as real as this one. Dealing with everyone's judgement about being a single parent, the struggles of being one, the relationship of a single parent with their child, it's all executed really well. You guys need to watch this if it's your cup of tea

Ghibli Movies

1. Spirited Away
I heard so many good things about this movie. Whether it's about the storyline or the animation. My verdict for Spirited Away is that it's a beautiful movie. The story is actually pretty dark if you pay a pretty good attention. I realized how dark it is when my sister told me. She told me that it's actually about child labor and human trafficking. So I was quite shocked when I found out about it but it actually made a lot of sense. Chihiro, an underage, working at the bathhouse and Yubaba creating contracts for the "workers" in the bathhouse, taking everything from them including their name and giving them a new name, should've been a pretty obvious clue what this movie is about but my brain cells just couldn't put the two and two together. Anyways, one of the characters that memorable for me was Haku. Just because that if I were 12 or 13 when I watch this movie, I would've been obsessed over him, like super obsessed. The animation was beautiful, I mean all Ghibli Studio movies are beautiful and picturesque. It felt real, the building, the scenery, the characters, and the food, especially the food. Basically, I would recommend you this movie as one of the two movies to introduce you to the Ghibli Studio movies.

2. Howl's Moving Castle



The other movie that I'm gonna use to recommend to people as an introduction to Ghibli Studio movies, is Howl's Moving Castle. Actually I already knew and heard of this movie even before I knew that Ghibli is an actual thing. My sister (when I told you that she introduced me to almost anything fangirl related, she really did) watched it on the TV, and I asked her what movie it was because I was interested by the animation, like I said earlier Ghibli Studio movies animation are beautiful, picturesque, top notch. But what got the movie implanted in my head was, ofc, the star of the show, of the movie, Howl, himself. Like if I said that 12/13 year old me would've liked Haku, present me, 21 year old me, likes Howl. So ever since that, every time I see anyone, especially male kpop idols with longer black hair and wearing quite a long earring, my mind will instantly goes, "Howl!". 
A lot of lines in, and I haven't talked about the movie, I'm gonna recap it pretty quick and possibly with no spoilers, bc I quite forgot what happened towards the end. It tells a story of Sophie, a hatter that was cursed to look elderly by a witch named The Witch of The Waste  because she thought that Sophie stole a wizard named Howl from her and that she had a valuable information about Howl. So, since Sophie didn't want to make her family worried of her, she fled from the house (or at least that's what I remember) and found a moving castle to live in only to find out that Howl lived there. Sophie offered to clean the castle and do chores in exchange of a place to stay. The longer she stayed there, the more she found out about Howl and how much the world has been affected by the war. It's a beautiful movie, from what I can remember, if it's your cup of tea, you'll love it.
So if you like a more lighthearted story, I will recommend you Spirited Away, but if you like something darker and with a little more weight to it, I will recommend Howl's Moving Castle to you.

3. Princess Mononoke 



I watched this movie 2 weeks ago, so let's hope I remember more stuffs about it than the previous 2. Princess Mononoke is a movie about a young prince of an endangered tribe that went into an exile named Ashitaka to release the demon that possessed his arm after he killed a possessed boar. He was told to go to the west to find the Forest God to beg to heal his arm. Nearing his destination, he stopped by a mining city with fire gun as its main commodity led by a lady named Lady Eboshi. He went through the city and found out that it's been using the fire gun that they made to destroy the forest near it and kill the Forest God because they thought that the animals in the forest are dangerous. Not liking the idea, he fled to the forest and met a girl that's known by the creatures of the forest as the Wolf Princess named San. He followed her and basically fell in love with her, saying that she's the most beautiful girl she's ever seen. But San hated him because he's a human and she had this prejudice toward humans that all humans are all anti nature and likes to destroy the environment, when she's also a human as well, I know, it's questionable, I know. Ashitaka understood how both sides felt about each  other and wanted both sides to live side by side without one destroying the other and feeling hatred toward each other. The message of this movie is that we need to take care of the nature without forgetting that we actually need the new technology that are found but using it in the correct way.

I really like the Ghibli Studio movies that I've watched so far because not only the animation is top notch, they have some valuable message in it that are educative yet they make it fun and enjoyable to watch.

So, that's all the ramble on What I Watched on Netflix. I might make this a monthly thing if I'm consistent and not too lazy to watch and write a post on it. See you on the next post!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Things I Noticed On Avatar : The Last Airbender After A Rewatch

Hello, Dhira here.  So, since it's been like almost 4 months of quarantine period, i got bored and rewatch the whole avatar : the last airbender (is gonna be referred as atla after this) like everyone else does, and there are some things that I didn't notice the first time I watched it, prob bc I was younger back then and as you can see on the title of this post, I'm gonna talk about it and divide it into 4 sections : Plot, Characters' arc +, Bending, Ships, and Memes. Let's just jump right in : 1. Plot Now, I've always known since the first time I watched the show, that atla has one of the best plot in all history of fictional writing. The world building has always been perfect in my opinion. Though there are a few more elements about the plot that I noticed after second time watching.  First of all, the time frame. I'd always thought that the show went for years, I mean it was on air for 3 years, but like the time that Aang took to learn each e

the very first night | dewnanon oneshot au (second chapter)

set a little over a year before after party NANON "so, i think you only need to add a little more on the company information part. it's never hurt to give information about the identity of the company you did your research on," blue, nanon's senior by one academic year told him. they're actually the same age, but since nanon was born later in the year he got in school a little bit later. "okay, then what about the tables? do i need to add anything?", nanon asked him while showing his project table. blue pulled nanon's laptop closer to him to review the table. "no, i think it's good already, it shows all information that we need. maybe try to be a bit more descriptive withã…¡" "you didn't answer any of my texts yesterday and here you are," nanon flinched when he heard a familiar voice to his left. he looked to where the voice came from and ohm, his boyfriend for 2 years stood there. "i'm really truly sorry, i was bus

after party : a dewnanon oneshot au

NANON nanon was adjusting his varsity jacket once more in front of the mirror in the family room when he saw his parents lounging in the sofa, watching a movie. "dad, pa, i'm leaving", he was about to take off to the garage when a voice stopped him. "where? and did you see the clock when you walked out of your room, it's almost 11!", new, his papa who already untangled himself from his husband's arms, now turned his back to look at his youngest son. "papa, i've told you about bright's new company's launching after party, earlier this week. everyone's gonna be there, and you've met him, both of you know him," nanon reasoned with his parents. bright was nanon's senior in college. they're in the same football club now and have a scheduled training/match session on monday nights and was in somewhat of a situationship with nanon not too long after nanon finished college. his parents like bright, but both nanon and bright