Langsung ke konten utama

2023 : A Review

 Hello, everyone! So, 2023 has come to an end. It was really quick yet eventful at the same time. I'm not in the same mentally as I was last year, it's worse, and I'm already sensing some decline in scores but let's not dwell on the negatives, and just get into the review.


Academic Life: 8/10

So, remember when I said that it was gonna be the last time this section is gonna show up last year? I lied. Well not really, because I did say unless I decide to get a master's degree, which is what I'm doing and 2022 Dhira didn't know that she's gonna be a master's degree student of Law. I'd like to say that, so far, I have a little bit more understanding of what I'm learning compared to back when I was doing my bachelor's. I don't know if it's because I'm older and my brain is much readier for the lessons but I hope that I at least have a better GPA than I did with my bachelor's degree.


Family: 5/10

I had a major, MAJOR argument with my mom this year when she found out I didn't register for the master's degree in a different university than the one I'm attending right now. To say that I was shocked when she called me that afternoon and yelled at me right after I picked up was an understatement. I didn't register at the time because I thought my mom was okay with me wanting to do more job-seeking. That argument led to me running away from my house for a few hours to meet with my best friend and ending up crying in an ice cream parlor and a car ride. I'm so so thankful that my best friend was free on that day, because if she weren't, I don't know if you know, I'll be writing this post or not. Anyway, after I got enrolled as a master's degree student, I'd like to say that our relationship gotten better because I'm attending the university that she's teaching at so I told them my progress with master's degree studies so far and the professors as well, and I realized that our zodiac signs are actually compatible with each other, so I hope that our relationship will be better.


Friends: 9,5/10

I will always be thankful of my friends. Because even when they're busy with their life, they always spend some time to have a deep talk with me, or knocking some sense in me to be responsible with what I chose and my decisions, and last but not least, to save me when I had a breakdown, as you can read from the previous section. I had a bit of a fallout this year, most of them because I just grew apart from them and we're busy with life but if we never talk again, just so you guys know, most of the time it isn't your fault. I love you guys so much, thank you for an eye-opening 2023.


Physical Health: 5/10

It's more than what I would give last year. Because I had less number of back pain than last year and no major vertigo attack so far. But it's not much because, I got into a mini accident in August, right after the first day of my master's degree classes. It wasn't a major accident, thankgod, only minor injuries, but the area is accident prone and a few days and weeks after my accident, there were major accidents in the area, so I was so thankful that it wasn't that my accident isn't a major accident and I'm still given the chance to live until now. The next major thing that happened regarding my physical health this year was the fact that I finally got chickenpox after 24 years living in this world. I got it from my sisters and I'm so grateful that it wasn't bad, I only got some markings in my face and my thighs, but other than that, I'm good.


Mental Health: 4/10

And we went back down again. I went to a therapy session and finally got diagnosed with anxiety disorder. It's nice to finally name that frightening feeling that I always have. I can manage how I'm feeling by rationalizing my worries and anxiety now that I know what's wrong with me. Had a few mental breakdowns about my choice for future careers but I always managed to put on a smile after fangirling to my favorite things this year. So I always thankful for my fangirl side.


Fangirl Life: 9/10

This year's point is pretty high for my fangirling life because it's the year of the 2010s franchises renaissance, which is the decade when I started being a fangirl. Hunger Games had a really good prequel movie released just a couple months ago and I was in my Hunger Games era again for a bit this year. Percy Jackson's series is currently streaming and my Greek Mythology nerd is ready for a new episode once a week. A lot of good actors and actresses I became a fan of this year. Tom Blyth, Rachel Zegler, Nicholas Galitzine, Havana Rose Liu, etc. They're such talented actors and I believe we're also back to the era of people watching movies because of the actors and the era of movie stars in general. With music, I started listening to Gracie Abrams this year, and so far, I'm in love with her discography. Most of her works, work for me and she's also very pretty, that's a plus. Sabrina Carpenter had an amazing career this year. Her song became a #1 hit, she's opening for Taylor's Eras Tour, and she's just getting better every time I see her. My little Carpenter heart that's been stanning her since 2016 was so happy that people now know her and not because of a drama or anything. I got back into Thai pop culture, literally, in the last 10 days of the year. Nanon Korapat, my favorite Thai actor and singer came out with an album this year, and it's actually really good. It has a versatile sound yet cohesive in theme and concept of outer space. I'm starting to think that it's okay if he decides to be a full-time musician and just ditch acting altogether. Also I'm excited for a lot of Thai series that I wanna watch in my spare time.

Overall, 2023 was 6,75 for me. As I predicted there is some decline compared to last year. The beginning to middle of the year was really hard for me but it got better in the end, and I hope it's even better in 2024 for me, and for all of us. Thank you, and see you in another post!

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Things I Noticed On Avatar : The Last Airbender After A Rewatch

Hello, Dhira here.  So, since it's been like almost 4 months of quarantine period, i got bored and rewatch the whole avatar : the last airbender (is gonna be referred as atla after this) like everyone else does, and there are some things that I didn't notice the first time I watched it, prob bc I was younger back then and as you can see on the title of this post, I'm gonna talk about it and divide it into 4 sections : Plot, Characters' arc +, Bending, Ships, and Memes. Let's just jump right in : 1. Plot Now, I've always known since the first time I watched the show, that atla has one of the best plot in all history of fictional writing. The world building has always been perfect in my opinion. Though there are a few more elements about the plot that I noticed after second time watching.  First of all, the time frame. I'd always thought that the show went for years, I mean it was on air for 3 years, but like the time that Aang took to learn each e

after party : a dewnanon oneshot au

NANON nanon was adjusting his varsity jacket once more in front of the mirror in the family room when he saw his parents lounging in the sofa, watching a movie. "dad, pa, i'm leaving", he was about to take off to the garage when a voice stopped him. "where? and did you see the clock when you walked out of your room, it's almost 11!", new, his papa who already untangled himself from his husband's arms, now turned his back to look at his youngest son. "papa, i've told you about bright's new company's launching after party, earlier this week. everyone's gonna be there, and you've met him, both of you know him," nanon reasoned with his parents. bright was nanon's senior in college. they're in the same football club now and have a scheduled training/match session on monday nights and was in somewhat of a situationship with nanon not too long after nanon finished college. his parents like bright, but both nanon and bright

the very first night | dewnanon oneshot au (second chapter)

set a little over a year before after party NANON "so, i think you only need to add a little more on the company information part. it's never hurt to give information about the identity of the company you did your research on," blue, nanon's senior by one academic year told him. they're actually the same age, but since nanon was born later in the year he got in school a little bit later. "okay, then what about the tables? do i need to add anything?", nanon asked him while showing his project table. blue pulled nanon's laptop closer to him to review the table. "no, i think it's good already, it shows all information that we need. maybe try to be a bit more descriptive withㅡ" "you didn't answer any of my texts yesterday and here you are," nanon flinched when he heard a familiar voice to his left. he looked to where the voice came from and ohm, his boyfriend for 2 years stood there. "i'm really truly sorry, i was bus